Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hurts so good

Tonight Traci and I got the cockpit sides planed even and fileted in the stow boxes in the cockpit sides.

The picture says it all. There is only ONE way out from the aft bunk with the stow boxes installed (foreground).




The bottom of the boxes are angled toward centerline and in the fore-aft direction are parallel with the cockpit floor, so water should pool in the after inboard corner where I will drill a hole to allow it to drain into the cockpit. The boxes are about 20" in length.

We're close to putting the deck down now. Just a little more finetuning of the bulkhead heights...

Stay tuned!

Jeff and Traci

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Can you post some more on your stowe boxes? I'm trying to design some in myself and am curious as to what you worked out.

Thanks,
Brant #141

Jeff Dalsin said...

Brant-

Basically the sides are identical pieces, with the top even with tops of the bulkheads. The back is parallel to the cockpit side.

I will get some more pictures tonight and post them.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Wow! It all looks awesome! I love the stow boxes. Won't be long.... is the ice off Lake Mendota yet?

Mom