Saturday, June 20, 2009

Prime Time



Wow. It's really starting to come together now. Today I got a coat of primer (Interlux Pre-Kote) on the decks. A while back I thought it would be cool to keep a portion of the boat bright finished---that's varnished wood rather than painted wood for you boatbuilding neophytes :) . So before I primed the decks I masked off the cabin sides. Due to the presence of fiberglass tape and filler at the corners I had to leave 2" on the top and 4" on the bottom edge painted.

I'm still not sure I'm sold on it. What say you? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think---bright cabin sides or painted?

Well enough about paint. Tomorrow we flip to boat! First thing in the morning I'll need to get the chainplates installed (to secure lines to) and screw together a few 2x4s to attach to the cradle before the gang arrives to flip this little sucker.

Stay tuned!!
Jeff

3 comments:

Tokyo said...

i like it. we were originally wanting to leave the hull sides bright finished but soon realised that was not gonna happen

solvacc said...

I had the same idea, so being selfish, I'd say go for it so I can see what it'll look like :). Looks great so far.

Anonymous said...

go for it
you can always paint it over, but it is harder to strip it back if you paint it first

SA