Sunday, June 21, 2009

Flip-Flopper

Well, yesterday was the big day and everything went off without a hitch. I invited a few of my work colleagues and my sailmaker over for a little light manual labor and a BBQ. We started by lifting the boat off of the cradle and setting it on a couple of pieces of styrofoam. I then quickly mounted a couple of crosspieces on the cradle. With a couple of lines tied to the chainplates, we vey easily got her up on her side and then lifted finished rolling her.




As easy as it was to roll the boat, I have a hard time imagining she will weigh in at 800lbs when all is said and done. Time will tell! Next up, you guessed it: more fairing and sanding. :)

1 comment:

Kevin McDaniel said...

Congrats on your flip!!! Boat is looking great and I like the cabin with the sides bright. I was thinking of leaving more of an oval bright on each side.

Keep on trucking. I've got more fairing compound coming today so I can get after my last 2 trouble spots. I'm sure you'll have less to fair then I did.

Cheers, Kevin.