Monday, September 8, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part...

Boy, did Tom Petty have it right.

Shipment of my kit has been a bit delayed---largely due to my work travel schedule. The fact is I'd rather the kit not sit in a shipping terminal in Madison for several days until I can pick it up. Tim at Watershed Boats has been very accomodating throughout, but I'm sure he wants the space in his shop back.

The good news is that it looks as though the kit will ship on Sept. 16 for delivery in Madison at the end of that week or the beginning of the next. I will have to get busy before it gets cold, although I will likely figure out someway to heat my garage since I think it is insulated (it's a rental, so what do I know?!).

On a side note, I got the chance to visit the builder of Pipedream (Kevin). His boat is coming along really well. Seeing his boat got me even more fired up about getting started. Kevin was able to give me some really good tips on some of the build steps---invaluable stuff. Thanks man!

No comments: