Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Floored

It's been a while since the last entry and much progress has been made. The foot bensons for the cockpit floor were fab'ed up and glued down. They were really simple to make:

I cut one 3" x 8' strip and one 2.75" x 8' strip from a sheet of plywood for each benson. I clamped them even along the edge that would touch the cockpit floor and drilled holes for zip ties along the opposite, "uneven" edge.



After I laced them together, I ran them through the table saw at a 45 degree angle.



I then "unfolded" the two sides to make a 90 degree angle.



I traced end end pieces onto scraps of ply and spread a few filets to finish them off.



I also got the aft side decks glued down.



On to the chain plates, forward side decks and the keel bulb.

Stay tuned!!

No comments: